Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Treasure from Trash!

Strange thing, you know, when I open a fresh bar of soap I don't throw away the box immediately. I kind of like the lingering smell it has...and that's one of my weird things, I just leave it on the counter, only to pick it up later during my routine cleaning and toss it into the bin. Yesterday was one of those days and I just held on to the soap box 'cos I had an idea; especially after the blog hop at Caardvarks, I was inspired by all the pretty decorative packaging ideas I'd seen.
So, I opened up the box carefully and traced around it on a piece of patterned paper, scored and folded along the lines and made myself this pretty little decorative box! It can hold candies, buttons, tiny stamps, trinkets...anything! I think it's a great idea for gift-giving over the holidays.
I know I'm going to make several of these, so I went ahead and made myself a template using some heavy card stock ('cos the original soap box was almost in tatters by the time I finished opening it up!). I think I'm going to put all such templates into a folder for easy access.


I thought I'd make more using other empty cartons lying around in my kitchen. Will be back with something :)

Until next time...cheers!

4 comments:

Juhi said...

Wow this is beautiful Divya, great idea too, I'll also try it sometime.

happy Crafting!!
Juhi

shiljay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spardha said...

This is such a grt idea!.. and the box luks soo very pretty adorned with tiny li'l stamps.. thanks fr sharing! :)

Divya Rao said...

Thanks girls! Your comments are always a delight :)