Thursday, October 22, 2009

Standing Tall


I made this card for my lovely SIL for her birthday and then I thought, 'hmmm, that's a pretty tall card...' and decided to send it to Caardvarks' latest challenge - A Tall Order.
The card itself was very simple to make. I used double sided patterned paper and glued two wide strips with the pattern on each side. Then I glued some coordinating buttons on the flower patterns on one strip and coloured the centres of the ones on the other. I stamped the word 'love' on the bottom corner and used my corner rounder on two opposite corners. That's it! Ain't it pretty? :)

13 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the pretty button flower centers and the tiny little sentiment ... great tall card design.

Juhi said...

yeah this is very pretty! I like the idea of rounding diagonally opposite corners...

Spardha said...

beautiful card.. love it!.. hope u win! :D

Divya Rao said...

Thanks everyone :)

lauren bergold said...

very pretty, indeed! what a brilliant use of double-sided paper & the pop of the soft yellow cardbase really sets it off wonderfully!

Kathy said...

Love the colors and flowers in this card...makes me want to plant some flowers...love it!

http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

Divya Rao said...

Awww, thanks Kathy :)

dstandard said...

Cute card - great job on the challenge!

Anuradha said...

Hi divya.. love your tall card.. my best wishes to you on this..

Simply love your blog for all the creativity..

http://anu-craftsandcreations.blogspot.com
Anuradha

Divya Rao said...

Thank you everyone :)

mustangkayla said...

Very cute card! Thanks for stopping by my blog during the Caardvarks blog hop! The picture of the baby on my blog banner is my son from a few years ago!

Carla said...

I love tall cards, and this is a great one!!

Divya Rao said...

Thanks Kayla! Awww, it's so cute that you have your baby's pic on your blog :)

Thanks Carla :)