I love fresh flowers at home, but did not want a formal glass vase for them. I wanted something else, something that did not look perfectly manufactured but endearingly handmade. An idea struck and I was happy with the result!
- a used glass juice bottle
- jute twine
- craft glue
- Clean the bottle thoroughly with hot water and remove the paper sticker (if any)
- Starting at the bottom, apply a thick layer of craft/PVA glue to a small portion, going around the bottle.
- Work quickly before the glue dries and stick the jute twine around the bottle.
- Continue till you cover the entire bottle.
- Make sure that the bottle is completely covered with twine and that there are no gaps. So, wind the twine closely around the bottle.
- Finish with a layer of varnish.