- If you have very special greeting cards and you want to keep them with the writing inside, you could get them laminated (keeping the card opened out). These can be used as table mats, however, take care not to put very hot things on them.
- You can make paper bags. These work very well for all those gifts that are hard to pack.
- Old greeting cards can also be used to make gift tags. Just cut them out into mini cards and attach them to your gifts.
- Another easy project is to make bookmarks from them. Make best use of the design/picture on the card. Stick the front and back together for more strength. Cut into a rectangle, punch the top of the bookmark and attach a bow/ribbon.
- This is an interesting one - make a mini booklet. Attach some pages to the card, you can either glue the pages or stitch them. This mini booklet can be used to hold photos or other memorabilia.
- Last, but not the least - cut out the pictures and words carefully and make a new greeting card! Alternatively, you can use the cutouts in your scrapbooking layouts as well!
I hope I've inspired you to give your old greeting cards a new lease of life! Have fun!